Those that live in Cherokee County, North Carolina likely reside in Andrews, Murphy or Hiawassee Dam. Some smaller communities include Granny Squirrel and Peachtree. With an aging population in this part of the state, it should come as no surprise that a large percentage of these residents are looking for 2017 medigap or medicare supplement rates.
For a frame or reference, here are the price ranges for the different policies in Cherokee County, North Carolina:
- Policy A – $77 – $218
- Policy B – $114 – $249
- Policy C – $135 – $283
- Policy D – $119 – $214
- Policy F – $127 – $238
- Policy F Highly Deductible – $26 – $80
- Policy G – $94 – $209
- Policy K – $46 – $97
- Policy L – $78 – $136
- Policy M – $104 – $157
- Policy N – $84 – $218
There are a number of different life and health insurance companies that can assist you in Western North Carolina. This companies include World Insurance, USAA, United of Omaha Life, Thrivent Financial, Sterling Life, Sentinel Security, Reserve National, Oxford Life, Old Surety Life, New Era Life, Mutual of Omaha, Medico Life, Manhattan Life, Humana, Globe Life and Accident, Gerber Life, Forethought Life, Constitution Life, Cigna, Blue Cross Blue Shield of NC, Bankers Fidelity Life and Americo Financial and Life just to name a few. If you are concerned one of the life insurance companies you are looking for is not available, please comment below and we will do the research to help you find what you are looking for.
Below are the basic Medigap Policies for residents of Cherokee County, North Carolina:
All Medigap policies must cover a basic set of benefits. These basic benefits include most Medicare Part A and B coinsurance amounts, blood, and additional hospital benefits not covered by Original Medicare.
- Part A Hospital Coinsurance
- Days 61-90 of a hospital stay in each Medicare benefit period
- Days 91-150 of a hospital stay. Medicare will only pay for these 60 days once during your lifetime
- Additional Part A Hospital Benefits
- An extra 365 days of inpatient hospital care after you use your Original Medicare hospital benefits
- Part B Coinsurance
- Pays Full or Partial Coverage for the Part B coinsurance after you meet your annual deductible.*
- Pays Full or Partial Coverage for the first three pints of blood per calendar year.
- Part A Hospice Coinsurance
- Pays for coverage of certain “Medicare covered” Part B drugs obtained in a doctor’s office, pharmacy or in a hospital outpatient setting and inpatient respite care coinsurance.
*Plan N covers the Part B co-insurance except for a co-payment of $20 dollars for some office visits and $ 50.00 dollars for emergency room visits that don’t result in a hospital admission.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions about getting the lowest possible monthly payment for a medigap or medicare supplement policy in the western part of North Carolina in 2017. We can help you, your parents and your loved ones save money.