Clay County is comprised of Hayesville, Brasstown, Hiawassee and Sweetwater. A large portion of the residents of Clay County, North Carolina are getting close to retirement age. This means they will be actively looking for 2017 medigap and medicare supplement rates that are not only affordable but potentially cheaper than competitors. Fortunately, there are a number of policies and plans those over 65 can qualify for.
For a frame or reference, here are the price ranges for the different policies in Clay County, North Carolina:
- Policy A – $77 – $218
- Policy B – $114 – $249
- Policy C – $135 – $283
- Policy D – $119 – $214
- Policy F – $127 – $238
- Policy F Highly Deductible – $26 – $80
- Policy G – $94 – $209
- Policy K – $46 – $97
- Policy L – $78 – $136
- Policy M – $104 – $157
- Policy N – $84 – $218
It is important to understand the different policies before deciding the price range in which you can afford. At the age of 65 it is always important to have the proper healthcare coverage even if you have to pay a little bit more. Note that not all policies are available from all healthcare insurance companies. You may have to contact a specific company if you are looking for an exact quote.
Some of the companies that can help those in Clay County, NC include AARP, Aetna, American Republic, Medico, New Era Life, Sterling Life, Transamerica, World Insurance, United American and many more. If you are looking for a specific insurance company do not hesitate to comment below as we can assist you in finding out if that company has a policy in Clay County.
Those in Clay County, North Carolina will be looking for the basic benefits and what that entails. Here is the information:
All Medigap policies must cover a basic set of benefits. These basic benefits include most Medicare Part A and B coinsurance amounts, blood, and additional hospital benefits not covered by Original Medicare.
- Part A Hospital Coinsurance
- Days 61-90 of a hospital stay in each Medicare benefit period
- Days 91-150 of a hospital stay. Medicare will only pay for these 60 days once during your lifetime
- Additional Part A Hospital Benefits
- An extra 365 days of inpatient hospital care after you use your Original Medicare hospital benefits
- Part B Coinsurance
- Pays Full or Partial Coverage for the Part B coinsurance after you meet your annual deductible.*
- Pays Full or Partial Coverage for the first three pints of blood per calendar year.
- Part A Hospice Coinsurance
- Pays for coverage of certain “Medicare covered” Part B drugs obtained in a doctor’s office, pharmacy or in a hospital outpatient setting and inpatient respite care coinsurance.
Do not hesitate to leave a comment below so we can assist you in your search for the lowest 2017 Medigap Rates in Clay County or any county.