Graham County is home to Robbinsville, Stecoah, Fontana Village and Santeelah. There are several other small villages and divisions in the county but most people will state that they are from one of those four areas. This part of North Carolina has a large percentage of citizens that are getting older meaning many will be seeking out low 2017 medigap and medicare supplement rates. Fortunately, there are ways to compare rates on your iPad or computer at home.
For a frame or reference, here are the price ranges for the different policies in Graham County, North Carolina:
- Policy A – $77 – $218
- Policy B – $114 – $249
- Policy C – $135 – $283
- Policy D – $119 – $214
- Policy F – $127 – $238
- Policy F Highly Deductible – $26 – $80
- Policy G – $94 – $209
- Policy K – $46 – $97
- Policy L – $78 – $136
- Policy M – $104 – $157
- Policy N – $84 – $218
Before choosing the cheapest or lowest cost policy it is best to do your research and understand what is coverage with each plan. You do not want to be caught in a situation where you have to pay thousands of dollars out of pocket when you could have spent an extra $10 a month to cover the expense with your medicare supplement plan.
Some of the insurance companies that can help those living in Graham County, North Carolina include Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina, Aetna, Colonial Penn, Liberty National, Loyal American, Sterling, Thrivent, Transamerica, Coventry and Globe. Note that there are no as many insurance companies that provide Graham County residents with medicap plans when compared to other larger counties in western North Carolina.
All Medigap policies must cover a basic set of benefits. These basic benefits include most Medicare Part A and B coinsurance amounts, blood, and additional hospital benefits not covered by Original Medicare.
- Part A Hospital Coinsurance
- Days 61-90 of a hospital stay in each Medicare benefit period
- Days 91-150 of a hospital stay. Medicare will only pay for these 60 days once during your lifetime
- Additional Part A Hospital Benefits
- An extra 365 days of inpatient hospital care after you use your Original Medicare hospital benefits
- Part B Coinsurance
- Pays Full or Partial Coverage for the Part B coinsurance after you meet your annual deductible.*
- Pays Full or Partial Coverage for the first three pints of blood per calendar year.
- Part A Hospice Coinsurance
- Pays for coverage of certain “Medicare covered” Part B drugs obtained in a doctor’s office, pharmacy or in a hospital outpatient setting and inpatient respite care coinsurance.
If you are seeking a specific policy and plan do not hesitate to comment below. We would love to help you find the lowest 2017 medigap and medicare supplement rates in your part of North Carolina.