Open enrollment is almost upon us and tens of thousands of Henderson County, North Carolina residents will be looking for a medicare supplement plan. When looking for the lowest medigap rates, they will scour the Internet to see what is available. Those that live in Hendersonville, Mills River, Flat Rock, Fletcher, Saluda and Bat Cave will find that Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina along with many other insurance companies are offering competitive rates for medicap coverage.
As with any major insurance or financial decision, it is very smart to complete due diligence and research. There are way too many great resources available online to go into the medigap or medicare supplement insurance shopping process blind.
For a frame or reference, here are the price ranges for the different policies in Henderson County, North Carolina:
- Policy A – $77 – $218
- Policy B – $114 – $249
- Policy C – $135 – $283
- Policy D – $119 – $214
- Policy F – $127 – $238
- Policy F Highly Deductible – $26 – $80
- Policy G – $94 – $209
- Policy K – $46 – $97
- Policy L – $78 – $136
- Policy M – $104 – $157
- Policy N – $84 – $218
If you live in Henderson County, North Carolina you will find there are a number of insurance companies that can offer a Medicare Supplements policy. During open enrollment, continue to look for options before making your final selection. Also note that just because a policy is the cheapest or lowest priced, it does not mean it is the best for your current health situation.
All Medigap policies must cover a basic set of benefits. These basic benefits include most Medicare Part A and B coinsurance amounts, blood, and additional hospital benefits not covered by Original Medicare.
- Part A Hospital Coinsurance
- Days 61-90 of a hospital stay in each Medicare benefit period
- Days 91-150 of a hospital stay. Medicare will only pay for these 60 days once during your lifetime
- Additional Part A Hospital Benefits
- An extra 365 days of inpatient hospital care after you use your Original Medicare hospital benefits
- Part B Coinsurance
- Pays Full or Partial Coverage for the Part B coinsurance after you meet your annual deductible.*
- Pays Full or Partial Coverage for the first three pints of blood per calendar year.
- Part A Hospice Coinsurance
- Pays for coverage of certain “Medicare covered” Part B drugs obtained in a doctor’s office, pharmacy or in a hospital outpatient setting and inpatient respite care coinsurance.
If you have any questions about finding the best medigap prices in North Carolina do not hesitate to comment below as we will be able to assist you in getting a lower price this year.