Jackson County, North Carolina is home to Sylva, Dillsboro, parts of Cherokee, Balsam, Highlands and Webster. This part of Western North Carolina has an aging population so it should come as no surprise that thousands of residents of Jackson County are looking for medicare supplement and medigap rates in 2017. Remember that open enrollment begins on November 1st, 2017 which means polices and rates can change; most will be looking to get a much lower rate.
Before assuming you are going to be paying more for your medicare supplement plan it is always a good idea to research online and see what is available. The medicare.gov website is a very effective tool to get generic rate quotes. Note that these are approximations and not exact rate quotes.
For a frame or reference, here are the price ranges for the different policies in Jackson County, North Carolina:
- Policy A – $77 – $218
- Policy B – $114 – $249
- Policy C – $135 – $283
- Policy D – $119 – $214
- Policy F – $127 – $238
- Policy F Highly Deductible – $26 – $80
- Policy G – $94 – $209
- Policy K – $46 – $97
- Policy L – $78 – $136
- Policy M – $104 – $157
- Policy N – $84 – $218
As with any type of insurance policy, there are options to shop around. Some of the insurers that are available in Jackson County include Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina, AARP, Constitution Life, Forethought Life, Globe Life, Humana, Loyal American, Sterling Life and Transamerica.
If you are looking for a specific policy from an insurer not listed above, please comment below and let us know so we can assist you in finding the policy in your part of North Carolina. There are a number of insurance companies that may be able to help you with your medicare supplement or medigap policy in 2017 and beyond.
All Medigap policies must cover a basic set of benefits. These basic benefits include most Medicare Part A and B coinsurance amounts, blood, and additional hospital benefits not covered by Original Medicare.
- Part A Hospital Coinsurance
- Days 61-90 of a hospital stay in each Medicare benefit period
- Days 91-150 of a hospital stay. Medicare will only pay for these 60 days once during your lifetime
- Additional Part A Hospital Benefits
- An extra 365 days of inpatient hospital care after you use your Original Medicare hospital benefits
- Part B Coinsurance
- Pays Full or Partial Coverage for the Part B coinsurance after you meet your annual deductible.*
- Pays Full or Partial Coverage for the first three pints of blood per calendar year.
- Part A Hospice Coinsurance
- Pays for coverage of certain “Medicare covered” Part B drugs obtained in a doctor’s office, pharmacy or in a hospital outpatient setting and inpatient respite care coinsurance.
When seeking the lowest possible medigap and medicare supplement rates in North Carolina remember that different policies have different benefits and facilities.