Marshall, Mars Hill, Hot Springs and Wolf Laurel are all towns in Madison County. This is a very fast growing part of North Carolina due to its proximity to Asheville and Buncombe County. There are a large number of residents that are in their retirement years as they are over the age of 65. These individuals will be seeking the best rates for medicare supplement or medigap insurance in their county. Fortunately, there several insurance companies that provide medigap insurance in Madison County in North Carolina.
As with any major purchase, it is a very good decision to look at all options available before making a final decision. Remember, there are different types of medicare plans that will provide you with the benefits you need. Keep these numbers handy when calling or talking to an insurance agent:
For a frame or reference, here are the price ranges for the different policies in Madison County, North Carolina:
- Policy A – $77 – $218
- Policy B – $114 – $249
- Policy C – $135 – $283
- Policy D – $119 – $214
- Policy F – $127 – $238
- Policy F Highly Deductible – $26 – $80
- Policy G – $94 – $209
- Policy K – $46 – $97
- Policy L – $78 – $136
- Policy M – $104 – $157
- Policy N – $84 – $218
Take the extra time to look at all options before deciding on Blue Cross Blue Shield or North Carolina, Aetna, Old Surety, Cigna or Sterling Life. There are always a number of great providers in your area so do not feel as if you have to choose a specific one. Even if you have been with one insurance company for several years, it does not mean you cannot change in 2017.
All Medigap policies must cover a basic set of benefits. These basic benefits include most Medicare Part A and B coinsurance amounts, blood, and additional hospital benefits not covered by Original Medicare.
- Part A Hospital Coinsurance
- Days 61-90 of a hospital stay in each Medicare benefit period
- Days 91-150 of a hospital stay. Medicare will only pay for these 60 days once during your lifetime
- Additional Part A Hospital Benefits
- An extra 365 days of inpatient hospital care after you use your Original Medicare hospital benefits
- Part B Coinsurance
- Pays Full or Partial Coverage for the Part B coinsurance after you meet your annual deductible.*
- Pays Full or Partial Coverage for the first three pints of blood per calendar year.
- Part A Hospice Coinsurance
- Pays for coverage of certain “Medicare covered” Part B drugs obtained in a doctor’s office, pharmacy or in a hospital outpatient setting and inpatient respite care coinsurance.
If you are still seeking more information when it comes to North Carolina’s lowest medigap rates in 2017 feel free to comment below. We will go above and beyond to help you find the rate quote you are looking for.