Transylvania County is the home of Brevard, Rosman, Pisgah Forest, Cedar Mountain and Sapphire, North Carolina. Although this is not the most populated county in Western North Carolina, it is growing due to its proximity to Asheville and Greenville, South Carolina. There are a large number of retirees and seniors that reside in this part of the state. A large number of them will be looking for the best 2017 NC medigap rates. Rather than in the past, it is now very easy to get a round number when it comes to the possible costs of medicare supplements in Transylvania County.
If you are searching for the lowest possible medigap or medicare supplement rates remember there are different policies that offer benefits and annuals costs. Trying to shop around for the lowest monthly cost is not always the best idea.
For a frame or reference, here are the price ranges for the different policies in Transylvania County, North Carolina:
- Policy A – $77 – $218
- Policy B – $114 – $249
- Policy C – $135 – $283
- Policy D – $119 – $214
- Policy F – $127 – $238
- Policy F Highly Deductible – $26 – $80
- Policy G – $94 – $209
- Policy K – $46 – $97
- Policy L – $78 – $136
- Policy M – $104 – $157
- Policy N – $84 – $218
Some of the insurance companies that provide coverage in Transylvania County include Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina, Aetna, AARP, Americo Financial, CIGNA, Colonial Life, Coventry Health, Equitable Life, Gerber Life, Globe Life, Humana, Mutual of Omaha, Old Surety, Sentinel Security Life and Sterling Life. Note that these are not the only options but some of the more popular insurance companies in Transylvania County.
All Medigap policies must cover a basic set of benefits. These basic benefits include most Medicare Part A and B coinsurance amounts, blood, and additional hospital benefits not covered by Original Medicare.
- Part A Hospital Coinsurance
- Days 61-90 of a hospital stay in each Medicare benefit period
- Days 91-150 of a hospital stay. Medicare will only pay for these 60 days once during your lifetime
- Additional Part A Hospital Benefits
- An extra 365 days of inpatient hospital care after you use your Original Medicare hospital benefits
- Part B Coinsurance
- Pays Full or Partial Coverage for the Part B coinsurance after you meet your annual deductible.*
- Pays Full or Partial Coverage for the first three pints of blood per calendar year.
- Part A Hospice Coinsurance
- Pays for coverage of certain “Medicare covered” Part B drugs obtained in a doctor’s office, pharmacy or in a hospital outpatient setting and inpatient respite care coinsurance.
When seeking the absolute lowest medigap rates in NC in 2017 do your research and due diligence. You will find there are some great resources online that will help you find attractive rates in Transylvania County, NC.