If you live in Macon County, North Carolina you likely reside in Franklin, Highlands or Topton. Fortunately, you don’t have to go into an insurance agency every single day if you hare hoping to find medigap or medicare supplement rates. Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina is one of several providers that can assist you in finding great rates. You can do it with a phone call or by researching on the Internet.
For a frame or reference, here are the price ranges for the different policies in Macon County, North Carolina:
- Policy A – $77 – $218
- Policy B – $114 – $249
- Policy C – $135 – $283
- Policy D – $119 – $214
- Policy F – $127 – $238
- Policy F Highly Deductible – $26 – $80
- Policy G – $94 – $209
- Policy K – $46 – $97
- Policy L – $78 – $136
- Policy M – $104 – $157
- Policy N – $84 – $218
Some of the other insurance providers that can help you with medigap or medicare supplement coverage in 2017 in Macon County, North Carolina include AARP, Aetna Life, American Continental, American Retirement, CIGNA, Colonial Penn, Forethought Life, Gerber Life, Globe Life and Accident, Humana, Liberty National, Manhattan Life, Old Surety Life, Sentinel Security and more. If you are looking to find a specific insurance company that has the policy you desire comment below and let us know what company it is. We will do the research to assist you in finding this policy.
Many Macon County, North Carolina residents will be looking for the basic benefits and what that entails. Here is the information:
All Medigap policies must cover a basic set of benefits. These basic benefits include most Medicare Part A and B coinsurance amounts, blood, and additional hospital benefits not covered by Original Medicare.
- Part A Hospital Coinsurance
- Days 61-90 of a hospital stay in each Medicare benefit period
- Days 91-150 of a hospital stay. Medicare will only pay for these 60 days once during your lifetime
- Additional Part A Hospital Benefits
- An extra 365 days of inpatient hospital care after you use your Original Medicare hospital benefits
- Part B Coinsurance
- Pays Full or Partial Coverage for the Part B coinsurance after you meet your annual deductible.*
- Pays Full or Partial Coverage for the first three pints of blood per calendar year.
- Part A Hospice Coinsurance
- Pays for coverage of certain “Medicare covered” Part B drugs obtained in a doctor’s office, pharmacy or in a hospital outpatient setting and inpatient respite care coinsurance.
*Plan N covers the Part B co-insurance except for a co-payment of $20 dollars for some office visits and $ 50.00 dollars for emergency room visits that don’t result in a hospital admission.
Once again, if you have any questions, do not hesitate to comment below as we would love to assist all Macon County residents in finding the medigap or medicare supplement plan that suits their needs.